Friday, June 19, 2009

however...

Inevitably there will be points in which humor arises from sadness. It was 95 degrees outside, and both my husband and I have been too stubborn up to this point to have retrieved the window unit AC from the basement. The cats lie around the house, desperate and dramatic.

One might say, "Spread out like dinner on the grounds."

Please do not call the ASPCA. I know that he is fat. I do not fill his bowl to the brim every day, we dole out carefully measured scoops. He just refuses to run and play, no matter the temperature.

Addendum: Air conditioner was set up, screwed in, plugged up today. Not the most efficient machine in the world, but I feel a little bit less like I'm going to die now. Cat continues to languish in drama.

2 comments:

Janet Scronce said...

Thank you so much for this picture. It gave me the belly laughs.

I love that he has those dainty feet paired with that gourd-like body.

patricia said...

i too would like to thank you for this picture. ben and i laughed for a good while thanks to it.

 

design by suckmylolly.com