Thursday, July 10, 2008

Why am I such a pussy??

Well after procrastinating for several days I did my first installment of Couch to 5K today. Just got back actually. I don't see how running for 9 minutes* (OK, more like running for 3 minutes, limping excitedly for 6) can make any non-elderly person so fucking weary and exhausted. I am in such terrible shape! The good news is that even though I really wanted to quit after the third run, I mean, really REALLY wanted to quit, I kept going, and even got a second wind on the very last run. It was a perfect day to start because a) it is very overcast out right now, and the heat doesn't possess anywhere near the raw violence it does on a clear afternoon; b) I drank a Red Bull at around 3:30. Red Bull is just like beer; the first time I tasted it (in a Jaegerbomb B made me in our apt. in East Nashville), I was like "Ugh, disgusting, this is some sick shit!" and now I crave both its taste and mind-spinning after affects. 


Okay, now I'm going to go watch the end of Bram Stoker's Dracula. Fell asleep before it ended last night. I love that movie, it's so purposefully cheesy. Please behold, my favorite part of this fine, fine film: 



! NSFW unless your boss is kosher with vampiric wolf sex !

If you get bored, skip to 1:33; your day's not going to be complete without this little Coppola gem. 

*FYI, Couch to 5k eases you into running by having you run/walk for specific combinations. Today I did "Week 2," which, after a 5 minute brisk walk, has 6 intervals of 90 seconds of running, 2 minutes of walking. If someone tried to make me run 9 minutes without stopping at this point in time, I would cry, then collapse. 

0 comments:

 

design by suckmylolly.com